7 Ways to Create a Faith Centered Home


Hi! I'm Ellen, and this is my first time posting here! I'm honored and excited to be joining the ACWB team, and hope to share encouragement and resources related to faith and family, parenting and kids with all of you.  

As a Catholic mom with two little boys (ages 3 and 2), it's very important for me that my kids grow up knowing, loving and serving the Lord. I want the faith to be an active, and normal part of their life. I know that one of the reasons I know and love my faith today is because it was integral part of my family's home when I grew up. Looking back, I know that this wasn't by accident. My parents went through great lengths to make Catholicism something central in our family life.

Our faith wasn't just another dimension, albeit it important. It can really be the "glue" that holds everything together and imbues all we do. We are Catholic all the time, and in everything we do, religious or otherwise. I value this and want my kids to value also.

This list is far from comprehensive, but includes some simple things parents can do to put faith in the center of their home and family life. I would love to hear more ideas from all of you!

Continue reading over at Eyes On Heaven.


Comments

  1. Excellent article, you are a perfect addition to our family...welcome Ellen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective