3 Questions to Ask Your Child Every Night

I had an adorable conversation with my three year old right before he went to sleep tonight. In fact, I have a pretty adorable conversation with my three year old almost every night before he’s off to bed, so I thought I’d share what we talk about. In addition to warming my heart, these conversations, I believer, are paving the way for future communication.

As part of our bedtime routine, I ask Charbel three questions each night:

  • What is something that made you smile today?
  • What is something that made you cry today?
  • What is something that you learned today?
With these three questions, our little son opens his heart to me each evening, and starts smiling and laughing all over again as he remember what he enjoyed that day, gets more serious as he talks about something that made him sad, and feels proud when tells me what he learned.
Head over to Eyes On Heaven to read the full post and why these 3 questions can be so helpful, both for the child and the parent!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective