A Body in Prayer by Neil Combs reviewed by Nancy Ward



When I met Neil Combs at the 2013 Catholic Writers Guild Live conference, I sensed a connection that was beyond Catholics and writers. He introduced himself to me when we were volunteering at the Catholic Writers Guild booth in the CMN trade show. He was excited about his book, “A Body in Prayer: Praying from Head to Toe,” a subject that fascinates me.
 
Then I discovered his conversion story from a Lutheran family was similar to mine from an Episcopalian family.  We both converted after our marriage to a Catholic. We both struggle with what to give up in our busy lives to establish a good prayer time. So I relate to his journey to write the book and to convert to the Catholic Church.
 
The simple organization of the chapters makes it easy to concentrate on the gems of wisdom.  Here are a few of my favorites:


“Open Mouth” –  “A great way to evangelize is to create the opportunity for a conversation about the faith.”

“The Eyes Have It” – “I think that the reason that tears are such effective prayers is that they are pure emotion, unrehearsed, unchecked, and free-flowing: they are emotion that should not be held back but should be welcomed.”

More favorite gems of wisdom at  JoyAlive.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective