To Love, Honour and Serve (@ Melody's Harmonies)

If you’d asked me five or even just before our wedding last year, whether I would serve my husband when I was married, I would have laughed at you.

A friend recently got engaged and his new fiancée was lamenting the fact that all her elders were giving her marital advice. In that advice, she felt the wife was seen as the man’s servant and the views were old fashioned, misogynistic and did not portray what she believed marriage was. She was very clear to say that she would not be caught “ironing her husband’s underwear”.

At the risk of sounding ridiculous… I would iron my husband’s underwear. If that was how I could serve him and love him. And trust me when I say I HATE ironing and I pretty much don’t do it. We got a nice iron for a wedding gift.. it still has the tags on it. And my favourite dryer setting is definitely the “de-wrinkle” one. But if by ironing his underwear, my husband would be pleased and known my love for him, I would do it.
Read the rest here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective