St. Andrew Parish: Touring Chicago's beautiful churches

What are you doing this summer?  My husband and I are touring Chicago's beautiful churches.
A while back I wrote about our choir being on hiatus for the summer.  Our first stop on our summer tour of churches is St. Andrew Parish.
When I was growing up (and not Catholic) we lived in St. Andrew's parish.  Back then the Church seemed to play a much larger role in the community.  Whether you were Catholic or not, you attended all the festivities held at the church.
You can read the rest here at Being Catholic ... Really.

Comments

  1. Beautiful photos! Decades ago I lived in St. Viator Parish further west on Addison. I often passed St. Andrew Church during my commutes, but I don't recall ever stopping there for a visit. I look forward to seeing more of your "tours." My husband and I call such excursions mini-pilgrimages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ruth for your kind comment! I might just add St. Viator to the tour. Mini-pilgrimage is a good word for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary