Chosen: Help Me Understand the Gospel of Matthew

Divine Mercy - Jesus
I Choose You.
Every Monday, I post a reflection on the previous day's Gospel reading often seeing ways those readings speak directly to those suffering from marital difficulties, abandonment, divorce, abuse, or similar tragedies. I believe God has given me a gift in the way I see things through my experiences and in His  power to overcome them.

But today, I struggle with the Gospel of Matthew.

The Gospel of Matthew Chapter 16 13-20 is something I've thought about many times over the years and still have few answers for so I'm looking for help from my readers. Perhaps my lack of understanding here is God's way of keeping me humble, of showing me I don't have all the answers, or perhaps it is His way to keep me hungry for Him, to seek more of what flesh and blood cannot reveal but what only my Heavenly Father can reveal.

My question is this:

When Peter recognized Jesus as the Christ, as the Son of the living God, Jesus said to Peter,
For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
which leaves me asking, "Why does Jesus not reveal Himself to all of us, to all humankind? Is it because of free will? Do we have to accept Him into our hearts to have Him revealed to us?" 
To read more, please go to Single Mom Smiling.  Thank you and God Bless...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary