The Annulment - Opening the Envelope

The Annulment Tribunal Seal
The tribunal seal made it official
I am sitting here with my annulment letter in my hand. I have yet to open the envelope which arrived two days ago. I had more important things to do - like be a mom to my 5 boys.


But now I am sitting here in a house that I know for the next few hours will be quiet, if not exactly peaceful as I look around at the clutter five active boys have left for me while they are at their father's this weekend. This is what I was waiting for. Time alone to cry if I feel like it, to jump up and dance and sing if I feel like it, to do whatever feels right in the moment.

I am not sure how I will feel when the verdict is read, but by having a few moments alone to digest whatever the outcome is, I am giving myself freedom to just Be in God and let Him handle my future. I don't have to worry about the boys seeing my tears or pretend all is okay - when I feel like dying inside.

I really am not sure what I will feel when I open this envelope, and I study the outside of it for one more moment, holding more than an envelope in my hand, holding a part of my future, a part of my faith, knowing that whatever I hold in my hand is nothing compared to how I sit in God's hand.

To read the rest, please go to Single Mom Smiling

Thank you & God Bless...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective