A Personal Experience of Purgatory

The subject of praying for those on the other side of
the veil is close to my heart. I KNOW  personally, the agony of a soul who is desperate for my prayers. I have learned through personal experience, that souls in purgatory, although they cannot pray for themselves,  press in on the most sensitive of their relatives for prayer.


It took years before I understood the emotional weight I carried like a rock in my chest was not mine, but I what I felt was actually my paternal grandmother’s guilt, shame and sense of unforgiven sin.I heard her negative words interiorly and again the words I heard seemed to condemn ME.These spiritual, emotional and even physical burdens were simply the only way my grandmother could get my attention.  

After two years of interceding for her, a priest ( who in fact is the official exorcist of my diocese) was finally led by God to give this poor soul absolution in the name of the Church.Instantly,I mean immediately, I was free ... read more>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective