Memories of First Communion, Confession, Catholic School, and the Nuns! Part 2

We left the classroom to receive the sacrament of confession.  The sun was shining as we walked across the parking lot to the church.  I don’t remember much about the walk except that we were all vert quiet.  We walked into church.  The lights at the top of the confessionals were not lit, so we all sat and waited, quietly.  There was no sound in the church.  Then, two priests came out and each one walked into the confessional.  The rest was a blur until Sister Mary Claudia touched my shoulder and said it was my turn.  My legs felt like jelly.  I folded my hands praying that I make a good confession.  I wanted to make my First Communion on Sunday.

The door opened, and my best friend came out of the confessional.  Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Sister Mary Claudia raise her finger to her mouth.  Sister seemed as surprised as I was, but this time, we looked at each other, and something was different.  We didn’t laugh.  She had been forgiven and was going to say her penance. 

I stepped into the darkened confessional.  The door opened.  I could see someone there, and I knew it was time for me to begin.  My. mind. went. blank.  I started to whimper.   Father was very kind.  He could hear me crying.  He said, “Is something wrong?”  All I could do was nod my head.  He asked again, “You have to tell me.  I can’t see you very well.”
Read More at:: His Unending Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective