From here to Eternity

I was fed up being ripped off at motorway service stations. I found the price of ‘tea’ appalling and it invariably tasted like coffee-coloured dishwater. So I bought two 12 volt kettles at a sale and decided to make my own tea in the car. The good news was that it worked. The bad news was that the water took three hours to boil. I was so frustrated that when I returned home I plugged the kettle into the mains for a quick cup of tea. There was a flash, a puff of smoke, followed by the smell of burning and my poor kettle gave up the ghost. I had learnt my lesson – 240 volts into 12 volts will not go. It was the same in the Old Testament, the infinite love of God simply would not go into finite human beings. That’s why nobody could even see God and live, and the very thought of his infinite love entering into our finite human being was therefore total inconceivable.  read on ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective