My fear of flying

At the end of this month, I will be going to New York with my daughter for nine days!  My daughter is friends with a family that she used to babysit for here in Chicago.  When they moved to New York last summer, they invited her to come stay with them.  It was a "working vacation."  She helped with the kids, but during her time off she became a tourist.  It was amazing to get her texts and pics as she navigated that humongous city all by herself!


You can read the rest at Being Catholic ... Really.

Comments

  1. Oh I totally relate, Pam! [I haven't been on a plane since 1998.] Your plans for the Rosary is perfect---even holding onto the Beads at times is highly therapeutic (keep them in pocket/within reach for whenever you may need a touch of comfort). Meditating on various Saint quotes to "be not afraid/worried" may also be helpful, After all, "pray, hope, and don't worry---worry is useless---God is merciful and will hear your prayer." :) And I would also recommend talking it through with St. Thérèse of Lisieux.
    Enjoy this awesome opportunity with your daughter. All shall be well!
    PS: I just thought of one more thing that helps me when I'm worried about something... asking others to pray (it's very consoling when we know there are others offering our intentions to the Lord). I'd be glad to say a prayer for you having a wonderful time... really! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Eileen for your kind words of encouragement! I will be doing all of the above!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary