#whatareyougivingupforlent?

Ash Wednesday. Forty days. 
Lent begins. And with it comes the ubiquitous, all too familiar question: "What are you giving up for Lent?"
One of the most common things for people to give up during Lent is chocolate.  After that,  it seems like soda tops the list.  Having drastically changed my eating habits this fall, those items are no longer a part of my daily diet, so giving them up is not an option.
Several weeks ago, I decided my answer was going to be dairy--more specifically, milk and cheese. It sounded like a good plan, to me, until I mentioned it to my daughter, who reminded me that I don't really eat that much cheese, and for the amount that I do eat, it is not something that has a hold on me.  Basically, I can take it or leave it.
I started to think a little more deeply about what I was going to give up, and why.
How do I want to be different on Easter Sunday morning then I am today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective