Speaking the Truth... In Love


Do you ever have a moment when your camel's back is broken by a little, tiny straw? Recently, I had a day where I remembered the post I wrote about anger, and how much it impacted me. Let me share. I have to tell you honestly that this story almost hurts to tell, because it's vulnerable, for sure, but... it is a story worth sharing, because it was a teachable moment for me. And it made me think about that anger thing again a lot. For about 24 hours in a row, or so.

I had a moment with my husband one night last week. We were talking about my daughter’s year, and how I felt like every time the instructions came for her homework, I didn’t understand one piece of it- a piece that I felt ended up being very, very important. It had to do with one of the subjects my daughter struggles a little in.  I was telling my husband that even though I attended the orientation at the beginning of the year, I felt there was no instruction or preparation for this aspect of her year, and her experience of First Grade.  It ended up ugly - stressful, extremely stressful, for her and for us- and she was falling behind the rest of the class for this part.

read the rest at {Picture a Skyline}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective