Going Back in Time

I have to admit, I was a brat. Now, I’m not so much of a brat as I am awestruck by the realization that my mother allowed me to survive into adulthood. I’m convinced she paid her purgatorial debt on earth by raising me. She had her hands full!

I stumbled on this prayer today, and I remembered it from my childhood. I was “forced” to lead the grace when we ate, at times. I thought of my brathood, I mean, my childhood, and I have to smile.

I feel a bit younger when I slip into the sing song of leading this grace when I didin’t want to when we ate. My mother’s name was Grayce. I’m sure the Blessed Mother poured down the graces she needed to raise me. 


Read more at Prayerfully Yours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective