Moms are My Heroes!

Hi! I'm Charlotte, the new blogger on the block. I am a Catholic convert and an old hand at homeschooling (my nest is almost empty!). I love to give advice to the young moms around me because Moms are my heroes!! 
Here's one thing I've said a lot: your home is YOU! It embraces your children and is the context that makes you present to them without you micro-managing every aspect of their day. The first kids often get so much of mom's attention, and then they feel guilty when more come along and they can't be as constantly present to the newbies. I think this is God's way of providing more space for the kids!
You have to let go of the every-minute supervision and they get to run off in the safety of your home to develop their imaginations and read and play together. Now, you'll think they don't need you at all, but nothing could be further from the truth! They need you, but YOU are bigger than you think. You are your whole home environment, and in this way you are like the invisible matrix of support God created before He created the world: Holy Wisdom. 
Moms feel invisible because they do sort of fade into the background, as the context of their kids's lives. Become happy with that, and you'll enjoy your life with the little ones so much more!
Also, since women end up doing much of the event planning for the Church and other organizations, I put together this free guide, How to Plan a Great Catholic Event, for you. It's completely free...no sign-ups, no money. I'd love to hear your thoughts about it!
Get your free copy!
80+ Pages of advice from experienced Catholic event planners and speakers.

Comments

  1. great first post- glad we finally fixed all the glitches and actually let you post
    melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much Melanie, for attending to all the details of getting this collection of blogs together for us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective