The Healing of a Confession Chicken


Confession. That practice of walking into a little room with a priest, whom you may or may not know, and spilling your guts to him.  That laundry list of should have nots or should have but didn't.  To many it seems ridiculous that one can not simply that their contrition to the Big Guy themselves.  What is the deal with the middle man? 

Here are my thoughts on the beauty and blessing of the Sacrament of Reconciliation from my Confession Chicken Converted heart!   

Petrified.  That is the best word to describe how I approached Confession as a 2nd grader before First Communion, as a teen before Confirmation, as a young adult before my wedding, and as slightly more mature adult following my reversion back to the Catholic Church -- and every other time in between.  Heart raced, palms sweat, throat closed, and FEET wanted to sprint out the door, if I even managed to get myself INTO the door (I was the queen of excuses for confession procrastination).  I hated every moment of it -  until first, Jesus made me laugh and second, I allowed the Holy Spirit to teach my heart what was really happening in that little box with that middle man!  #MindBlown

First, the laugh... read more

All Rights Reserved 2015, Allison Gingras
photo credit: Pixabay.com

Comments

  1. Hah, LOVE the picture! And I don't know why I chicken out with confession but I do too! It's just as silly as my phone phobia - I will avoid using the phone at all costs and I haven't a clue why! Thanks for this; this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh thought I was the only one with the PHONE thing! even people I love and want to talk to I avoid it !! :))) Thanks for the blog love- appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective