What Kind of Catholic Are You Today?

I ask this question because my daughter asked me this question. She’s an adult, and she knows better, but sometimes, profanities come out of her mouth. When I correct her, she reminds me of my sins. She says, “Does it just depend on what kind of Catholic you are that day?” Ummm, well, she does have a point. I correct her, but, sometimes, I don’t correct myself.

I had to take a hard at myself and my attitudes toward Christianity and Catholicism.. What kind of Catholic am I on any given day? Am I a “good” Catholic one day and a “cafeteria” Catholic another day?

Catholicism is more than a “religion,” a “belief system,” or a faith, it is a way of life. Catholocism is a way of life because our faith and our lives are one. Therefore, if I do not follow the commandments, if I do not integrate prayer into my life, if I do not follow the precepts of the Church in my life, I might say that I am a Catholic, but, in truth, I’m not, except when I’m at Church.

Read More at Prayerfully Yours

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. Is there really a difference between Catholicism and Christianity?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary