The Examen at Eucharistic Adoration Todat

The images of Jesus slide into my mind, the writhing, twisting, agonizing look of pain on Our Savior’s beaten, Holy Face. Tears and sweat pour down from His eyes, and His labored breathing, which becomes more shallow with each painful gulp, reflects His silent pain. The precious blood pours down from His crown of thorns, burning His eyes, blinding His sight. Even blinking is laborious and painful. Yet, He looks at me with a heart burning with love and prayers that His graces will not be rejected by me.

I cannot feel Your pain, Sweet Jesus, and I am grateful for that. I am grateful that You chose to drink of the cup Your Father had prepared for You, a painful cup, a never ending cup, a cup so deep that only the Son of the living God could drink. I am grateful that you accepted this cup, and I watch in sorrow as Your Precious Blood flows down the gaping, open wounds on Your Body causing You to writhe in a burning pain for souls, that even the love of Your Mother cannot relieve. I am grateful for the gift of Your Mother to us. We are her children, too, but You are the gift of pure love to her and to us. I am grateful that You, the eternal High priest, accepted and offered this sacrifice to the Father for the salvation of our souls.

 Read More at Prayerfully Yours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective