When Your World Crumbles, Remember Where Your House Is

Jesus looked at His accuser,
"My kingdom does not belong to this world."



I can't count the number of times I sat in courtrooms awaiting judgment, wondering what injustice would be brought upon my children and me next, confused by what was happening and the fact that no one wanted to hear my side, frightened by the man who had claimed to love me so deeply only a short time before, concerned for the children I was now solely responsible for, children I'd have to feed and clothe and help with homework and cart around to practices and Scouts and religion classes, children I'd have to teach to be real, Honest, Strong, Faith-filled, Hopeful Loving Men, children I'd have to teach how to treat a Woman while I was being so badly treated myself. How could I do that?

Materially, we lost our house in foreclosure. We relied on family and friends for help to pay mounting attorney bills and then were forced to settle when my ex refused to pay his court ordered share. Local Churches and Pastors and private anonymous Good folk deposited money into our mailbox providing us with food and heat to supplement the firewood my boys and I chopped and hauled in from the backyard. Our elementary school provided Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners. The local hospital provided Christmas presents.

Please join me at SingleMomSmiling.com to read the rest of my Gospel Reflection for Divorced Catholics . . . God Bless..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective