The five things I will do during the Jubilee Year of Mercy

While browsing through my Magnificat, I came across this quote from Saint John XXIII at the opening of the Vatican Council in 1962:
“Now the Bride of Christ wishes to use the medicine of mercy rather than taking up arms of severity ... The Catholic Church, as she holds high the torch of Catholic truth at this ecumenical council, wants to show herself as a loving mother to all: patient, kind, moved by compassion and goodness toward her separated children.”
The phrase, “medicine of mercy,” struck at my heart.  That our Church would be a balm for those in pain and misery was almost overwhelming to me.
To read the rest of the article, please go to Being Catholic ... Really.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary