Trusting God: Do I Really Owe That Much?



Our money problems did not start overnight.  They built overtime.  Every decision held a consequence, yet we were blissfully unaware as we spent and then after the debt had built, we continued to be blissfully unwilling to change - and consciously choose to ignore it (Problem #1).

To figure out where we are going, first we need to look at how we got here. 

Kevin and I met when we were in high school and began dating his freshmen year in college (my junior year of high school).  We were married 5 years later, while I was still in college.  We were 21 and 23, and absolutely clueless on how to manage finances (Problem #2). I had embraced the 1980's with great zeal -- amassing over 15 credit cards (mostly of the store variety) by time I was 20 years old (Problem #3). 
 Kevin was unaware of most of them (Problem #4).  We were both hard workers but underemployed (Problem #5).  

So what now? Where do we start to reclaim our lives? ... read more 


All Rights Reserved, Allison Gingras 2016


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary