What Standard Guides Your Life? (You might be surprised.)


 It's Easter week. We're just days away from the commemoration of the suffering and then the resurrection of Christ. I wanted to be mindful about Lent this year, but by the third day, I had forgotten to stay away from chocolate. I don't know what happened. I got busy and lazy at the same time. 

But, other things happened over Lent that kept bringing to mind the question, What is my standard for living? 

In other words, to whom do I answer? (Maybe just myself.)  Am I trying to meet a condition (as in conditional) that I've placed on myself, or someone has placed upon me?  Am I trying to keep someone happy? Am I simply trying to get through life without any conflicts or confrontation? What influence or circumstance has my allegiance? What is the standard upon which I make my choices? 

CONTINUE READING  HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary