Patron Saint of Missing Socks, Pray For Us

My earnest striving to be perfect, to pair all the socks, for example, was a weakness, not a virtue. My diligence was rooted in insecurity, unbelief but most of all in pride. Again and again, as I read spiritual material, God tried to teach me that true Christianity is not focused on personal perfection but founded on the power of the Cross and Resurrection to set us free.
“We are not the sum of our weaknesses and failures, we are the sum of the Father’s love for us.”  -St. Pope John Paul II 
“Don’t worry about being effective. Just concentrate on being faithful to the truth.”- Dorthy Day
for a humourous look at letting go of control, continue

Comments

  1. Goodness, I have so many solo sock in my drawer, it ridiculous. Where do they go?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective