10 Minute Daily Retreat October: Spiritual Gift of Knowledge

'From the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding.' Colossians 1: 9

Reflection by Malcolm Davies
When I was first a Christian I was convinced that I would grow so rapidly that I would be totally mature and integrated within a few years.

The reality was that each small part of growth would be followed by a challenge where I realised that my growth would be very slow.

One book that helped me on my journey was Interior Castle by Teresa of Avila. In that book Teresa describes the journey to spiritual maturity and how long it would take. 

I felt encouraged because I could see in my own life some growth that she described and challenged because there were insights that I could not embrace at this part of my journey. 

I have come to realise that God is patient and I have to be patient with myself, and others, as well. Read on: http://susannetimpani.blogspot.com.au/

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective