Home Making and Chronic Illness: Idling or Resting??

So  after three days of fighting Fibro and CVS I finally managed to completely clean my room and check it off my cleaning schedule! I am so happy. However everything does have it's price. I am was up at 3 am, getting sick because of my CVS (this is a reoccurring theme though), and I was up at 1am for about 45 mins with weird muscle spasms/charlie horse/dead leg thing happening in my calves. It was unpleasant, to say the least. But through all the pain and vacuuming, I learned more than I ever could imagine.
You see Proverbs 31:27 talks about the bread of Idleness and what I did not understand was that there is a difference between idleness and rest.



According to the dictionary Rest is defined
"noun
1.
the refreshing quiet or repose of sleep:
a good night's rest.
2.
refreshing ease or inactivity after exertion or labor:
to allow an hour for rest.
3.
relief or freedom, especially from anything that wearies, troubles, or disturbs."
While Idleness is defined as:

"noun

1.
the quality, state, or condition of being lazy, inactive, or idle:
His lack of interest in the larger world and his consummate idleness were the causes of their dreadful divorce.
"

adjective, idler, idlest.
1.
not working or active; unemployed; doing nothing:
idle workers.
2.
not spent or filled with activity:
idle hours.
3.
not in use or operation; not kept busy:
idle machinery.
4.
habitually doing nothing or avoiding work; lazy.
5.
of no real worth, importance, or significance:
idle talk.
6.
having no basis or reason; baseless; groundless:
idle fears.
7.
frivolous; vain:
idle pleasures.
verb (used without object), idled, idling.
10.
to pass time doing nothing.
11.
to move, loiter, or saunter aimlessly:
to idle along the avenue.
12.
(of a machine, engine, or mechanism) to operate at a low speed,disengaged from the load.
verb (used with object), idled, idling.
13.
to pass (time) doing nothing (often followed by away):
to idle away the afternoon.
14.
to cause (a person) to be idle:
The strike idled many workers.
15.
to cause (a machine, engine, or mechanism) to idle:
I waited in the car while idling the engine.
noun
16.
the state or quality of being idle.
17.
the state of a machine, engine, or mechanism that is idling:
a cold engine that stalls at idle."
It was not until I read these definitions, did I understand that I was not being idle because I sat down to either prevent pain or because of pain. I also learned a definition of a new word as well:

 And I realized that I had been adding this philosophy and not even realizing it! So YAY ME! I also conquered my personal demons with when applying this to my life. I learned that I am more productive if I work within my Illness not AROUND it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary