Doubling Up on Prayer




There are so many causes to pray for. Go to any Christian forum, and you’ll see an abundance of prayer requests like begging for the miraculous healing of a dying child to asking that a dog come through surgery okay. With so much to pray for, how does one choose?
I found myself in a bit of a personal dilemma when trying to decide whom to pray for. Two of my siblings left the Church decades ago, and I do want to pray for their return.
On the other hand, I read a book about how greatly the souls in Purgatory suffer. If you saw someone on fire, and you could alleviate his suffering just by praying, wouldn’t you?
Well, wouldn’t you?
I was caught between these two needs. Which should take priority? Or should I perhaps split my prayer and give 50% to each?
Then I came up with a solution that covers both.    continue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary