Learning to Love - The Meaning of Mystical Theology

Many years ago Bishop Casey of Brentwood, England,  asked me to set up a Residential Retreat and Conference Centre in Chingford, London. He wanted to use it as a place where priests, religious and laity could come to learn about the Biblical Theology that had made the Second Vatican Council possible. I made it my prime objective to recruit the best and most qualified lecturers in the country to  this end, from whom I too could learn with everyone else. One particular theologian was outstanding in his mastery of what we then called the New Biblical Theology, although he was initially trained in Thomistic Theology in Rome where he received the highest degree possible, a summa cum laude. I therefore approached him with my misgivings about the demise of Mystical Theology. Until four hundred years ago its practical teaching from the very beginning was the bedrock of authentic Catholic Spirituality.      read on.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective