Encountering Jesus

This week someone told me how much she liked my book The Fisherman’s Wife: The Gospel According to St. Peter’s Spouse. She said it made the Gospel come alive for her and helped her realize more what it was like for Jesus to live on earth. She also appreciated the humor.  So this week I am sharing a post about this book that I wrote for someone else’s blog:

I’ve written dozens of books on spirituality and religious education, but only one novel. This is now my favorite book. It is a historical romance in that it develops the relationship between Peter and his wife, but it is also “the Gospel lite.” The path the heroine takes to following Jesus parallels my own path and that of any disciple: knowledge, surrender, commitment. Click to continue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective