Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel


Today marks the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. This feast day, in honor of our Blessed Mother, originated in the early 1700’s. It is a day to celebrate the universal church. On this special day, we call on Our Lady to pray for us. We ask for prayers just like when we ask a neighbor to pray for us. Yet, the power of Mary is far greater, as she is the Mother of God.
In honor of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, I found this prayer on catholic.org to share with you:

A Prayer to the Most Blessed Virgin, Our Lady of Mount Carmel

(State your intention/need)
O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this my necessity.
O Star of the Sea, help me and show me herein you are my Mother. Read more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary