God Wants Our Weeds

Photo by Leo Rivas on Unsplash
When I was a little girl, I'd pick weeds from the lawn - dandelions, mostly, and bring a bouquet in to my mother. She'd smile and put them in a little green glass vase, add water, and put the vase on the kitchen windowsill. Every time I walked by the window and saw my gift to her, my heart would fill with joy, and I'd be so happy.

I had given my mother the best thing I knew.

In today's randomly chosen reading from St. Francis de Sales, a letter he wrote in 1605 to Rose Bourgeois, one his spiritual daughters, gently reminded me of a simple truth:

God wants our weeds.

Read more on my author site: Jeanne Grunert - God Wants Our Weeds

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective