Be at Peace! God's in Control

The photo of the sunrise here was one I took from the balcony of my new apartment. The following reflection that came with the Daily Gospel email for Thanksgiving reminded me of it. (I subscribed to dailygospel.org.) May the Saint’s words touch your heart somehow.

Saint Raphael Arnaiz Baron (1911-1938)
Spanish Trappist monk
Spiritual writings, 23/02/1938
“If this day you only knew what makes for peace”
I leaned out of the window… The sun was beginning to rise. A great peace reigned over nature. Everything began to wake up: earth, sky, birds. Everything began, little by little, to wake up under God’s order. Everything obeyed his divine laws without complaint or sudden spurts, gently, smoothly, the light as much as the darkness, the blue sky as much as the hard earth covered with morning dew. How good God is, I thought! There is peace everywhere except in the human heart. Click to continue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective