Addressing the Post-Christmas Blues


After all the baking, shopping, wrapping, partying and entertaining guests, do you experience post-Christmas blues? It can be quite a shock to the system, to suddenly slow down so much, that you don’t know what to do with your time. Rather than get depressed about it, use this time to reconnect with God. He is there waiting to hear from you; waiting to recharge your batteries.

Reconnect with God Through Prayer

Seek the solace of His guidance, friendship and love. I find the recitation of the daily Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet to be a great way to start the conversation with God, who knows me better than I know myself. He knows what’s in my heart, what is causing me concern, as well as my dreams. He also knows how to solve my problems. Through prayer, be ready to listen.

Reconnect with God Through Reading of Scripture

God has so much to tell us, and it’s all written down in the Bible, which is not some old book meant for people from ancient times. God’s Word is... Read more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective