Trusting in God Can Be a Challenge


Trusting in God can be a challenge. I know, I’m living proof! I’ve been struggling with living up to a vow that I made to God to allow Him to do with me as He pleases. As I retired from a career in banking, back in 2011, to pursue education and work related to evangelization, I gave my life to God. Yet, the bills need to be paid. So how does one ascertain how to live up to the vow and pay the bills? During Lent, I sought solace to this conundrum in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. For my penance, the priest asked me to read anything from the Gospel of Luke. Since we were near Holy Week, I thought I would read the Passion Narrative.

My Challenge to Trusting in God

Before I started to read, I chatted with God, letting Him know that I was having difficulty ascertaining His will for me. How am I supposed to know for certain that I am pursuing my career path in accordance with His will? I struggle in knowing that what I do each day is what He wants from me, given the challenges that come my way. (Let’s remember that as a Catholic blogger, Catholic public speaker, editor of Catholic manuscripts, Catholic author, and Adjunct Professor of Theology, I basically work for God). Therefore, trusting in God can be a challenge because everyone knows that when you work for God, the benefits are great, but the wages are low. Bottom line: How do I fulfill God’s plan for me and pay the bills at the same time?
Once I got everything off my chest, I opened the missal and began reading from the Gospel of Luke. Then God hit me with a two-by-four... Read more...https://virginialieto.com/trusting-in-god-can-be-a-challenge/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary