The Gift that He Gives




My husband held the nest out to me. "Feel how soft it is inside."

I touched the coarse pine needles woven into a perfect shallow bowl. The exterior felt rough, like bark, and blended into the trunk and boughs of the nectarine tree where the parent birds had painstakingly built the nest.

Inside, the softest grasses, layered with moss, formed a lovely cushion for their young nestlings.

I don't think it's a coincidence that my husband found the nest and presented it to me just minutes after I returned home from church after hearing Luke 11: 1-13. Parent birds know to give their children good things like a soft nest -- how much more does God care for us, His children?

A few thoughts today on The Gift that He Gives at Writer Jeanne Grunert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective