Can I get an Amen?

 Black Internal Hdd on Black Surface

I went on a search for a new computer—something I hate doing.  In fact, I haven’t bought one since 2013.

I’ve learned that my computer does not have a solid state drive, which apparently is partly responsible for it moving at a snail’s pace.

So I found the computer I wanted after talking with a representative on the phone and I even called our local computer place who has helped me in the past, to verify what’s what.

I then called the computer company back and was ready to make a deal (with a different rep, of course).  Asking for additional discounts and so forth, he got me a great price.  I was so happy until he mentioned one small thing . . . “You know this doesn’t have a CD drive, right?”

Uh, no.  The previous phone representative seemed to overlook that little fact.  So, the current representative went on his own search, trying to find what I needed.

My computer troubles were resolved when my oldest daughter pointed out that it would be much cheaper just to buy an external CD drive on my own if I needed it.

It’s funny, but just when you think you are all set, something unexpected comes up and throws a wrench in things.

It’s like Paul telling the Corinthians in today’s reading (1 Cor 15:12-20) that their faith is vain if Christ has not been raised. 

He put it this way:

“For if the dead are not raised, neither has Christ been raised, and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is vain; you are still in your sins.”

And then he clarified:

“But now Christ has been raised from the dead . . .”

It’s reminds me of a mathematical statement: 

If not A, then not B and if not B, then C

Okay, I totally made that up; it’s not even logical.  (I can’t help the tangents that pop into my head.)  But that’s not my point anyway.

What’s my point?

Paul says in this passage that without Christ’s resurrection, his preaching is empty and so is our faith.

So I have to ask:

Do you believe in the resurrection of Christ? 

Although my math equation may not be quite right, God has no such problem.  The life, death and resurrection of Jesus always leads to the gift of our salvation.

Can I get an Amen?

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.blogspot.com
janetcassidy.blubrry.net (podcasts)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary