Taking to the (Digital) Streets: Advent and Social Media



I still see the occasional "REPENT, THOU WRETCHED SINNER" stuff in my social media feeds. But I very strongly suspect that fire and brimstone fundraisers are passé, and have been for decades.

Maybe I'd get more attention if I ranted, raved and seethed with (self?) righteous anger about those sinners over there. You know the ones I mean: reprobates, rogues and rascals who aren't like me.

Yeah. Maybe I could. And it would be a bad idea. I'm pretty sure the attention I'd get isn't the sort I'd like. Not in the long run. And I'm quite sure that God wouldn't appreciate my marketing efforts....

...Something else I haven't noticed on MeWe is folks saying they're giving up social media for Lent. Or Advent. Or whatever. Maybe they have, and I didn't notice.

Or maybe more non-crackpot Catholics are paying attention to advice like this....

More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective