DAY 7

  7th Day of Christmas - 31st Dec 2021

The last post of 2021. 

We go into 2022 with renewed hope.

 In the meantime it's still the Christmas season , the season of hope. Yes, I'm keeping my crib up - probably till the 2nd Feb, the feast of the "Presentation of the Lord", when the Christmastide is definitely over. I'll keep my tree and cards up until after the feast of the Kings, The Epiphany, on 6th Jan. I invite you to join me in keeping Christmas. 

So, again 

 

Happy Christmas

 Alleluia, alleluia.

The Word of God became flesh and dwelt among us. To those who accepted him he gave power to become the children of God.


Gospel: John 1: 1-18

 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.  All things were made by him: and without him was made nothing that was made.  In him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to give testimony of the light, that all men might believe through him. He was not the light, but was to give testimony of the light.   That was the true light, which enlighteneth every man that cometh into this world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.  He came unto his own, and his own received him not.  But as many as received him, he gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in his name.  Who are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we saw his glory, the glory as it were of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John beareth witness of him, and crieth out, saying: This was he of whom I spoke: He that shall come after me, is preferred before me: because he was before me.  And of his fulness we all have received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses; grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.  No man hath seen God at any time: the only begotten Son who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Comment:

I love this Gospel passage. For me those first words say everything: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

My Jesus, you are the Word of God, you are God. You became man for me. Thank you, Lord. You died for me. Thank you, Lord. You love me, Thank you ,Lord. 

Help me to love you more each day of this coming new year.  To love others for you.

Here's to 2022 folks !!! Let's make it the best one yet!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary