Faustus, Valdes and Cornelius: With Friends Like These...

From the 'Faust' collection, central library, German Classic, National Research and Memorial Sites, Weimar.
(From Jürgen Ludwig, via Wikimedia Commons, used w/o permission.)

I talked about angels, real and imagined, last month; mentioned Doctor Faustus' big plans, including putting a brass wall around Germany, and said that I'd talk about Valdes and Cornelius next month.

Then I got sick. I'm still running a fever; but considering that this is COVID-19, it could be worse.

"Next month" is now this month, so I'd better introduce Valdes and Cornelius: "friends to Faustus," Marlowe calls them in the dramatis personae....

More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective