Bono, Pope Benedict XVI and Spe Salvi

 

Bono

[Wikipediaphoto]


Paul David Hewson, the U2 member better known as Bono, spoke recently with Lauren Laverne on Desert Island Discs, a long-running radio programme on the BBC, about his half-brother and his at times difficult relationship with his father, Bob Hewson. 

Sinéad Crowley, the Arts and Media correspondent of RTÉ, Ireland’s national broadcaster, in her report on this wrote: 

Bono (62) also spoke to Laverne about how his relationship with his father came under tremendous strain following the death of his mother, although he now admits he was partly to blame, adding that after Bob's death in 2001, he apologised to him during a visit to a chapel in France.

'There was nobody there, I lit a candle and I got on my knees, and I just said, “look, I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you, you went through a lot and please forgive me”, and I felt free,’ Bono said.


Pope Benedict XVI in 2006



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective