Taking People, Pride and Dignity Seriously: June 2022

Luisa Madrid's photo of Queens Pride Parade in Queens, New York City. (June 3,2018) via the La Guardia and Wagner Archives.)
(From Luisa Madrid, La Guardia and Wagner Archives; used w/o permission.)
(Queens Pride Parade; Queens, New York City (2018))

My news feed tells me it's Pride Month. Or LGBTQ+ Pride Month. Wikipedia's page implies that the correct term is LGBT pride....

...Decades of experience, spanning McCarthyism's dying gasps and the efflorescence of political correctness, suggest that I'll offend someone: no matter what I say or how I say it.

So I'll start by saying why I don't think my native language, English, is perfect....

More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

June is Pride, LGBTQ+ Pride, or maybe LGBT Pride Month. I talk about pride, dignity, and good intentions. Plus respect, and how I fit a profile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary