We trust in His Holy name

31st August 2022


We Trust in His Holy Name


 There was a beautiful verse in the psalm at Holy Mass this morning, that made me think and gave me food for prayer.

It is from Psalm 33:


Our soul is waiting for the Lord,

The Lord is our help and our shield.

In Him do our hearts find joy.

We trust in His Holy name


Is my soul waiting for the Lord. How often do I think about Him as I go about my day?

Many of the saints yearned eagerly for the time they received Our Lord in Holy Communion. They would prepare in very special ways. 

Sometimes, maybe, we get too comfortable, too used to being able to receive Him every day, that we forget who it is we are receiving. Our faith may be lacking somewhat. 

It is no surprise, though I have to confess it came as a shock to me , to find out that around 70% of mass goers don't necessarily believe in the real presence and are happy to believe it's just a symbol. Well, my answer to them is, go find an Anglian church, because here in the Catholic church, it is a requirement that we believe in the real presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament - Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity. Surely we need to ask for an increase in faith in this regard.

We do indeed find tremendous joy in Him, in His name.

Jesus, help us to believe more and more in you, our help, our shield, our joy, our hope. 

Jesus, we trust in You. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective