Where did my Rosary go?

Recently we heard the Parable of the Lost Coin (Luke 15:8) where the woman searches her house for the one lost coin.  Wouldn't you know it?  I found myself in that very position just after hearing it.

I went to grab my rosary out of my little red rosary case and it was gone!  The case was there, but the rosary vanished.  I could have cried.  The punch I felt in my stomach was sickening. I have had that rosary since I made my First Holy Communion when I was a child.  The case has been repaired over the years where the stitching came loose, and it is pretty rough, but I have no intention of ever replacing it.  The case aside, it was the missing rosary that really grieved me.

Knowing, without a doubt, that the missing rosary was the work of one of our little grandchildren, and knowing how they think, I set about moving chair and couch cushions in my search.  I really felt like the woman looking for the lost coin, desperate in my search for something so precious to me.

Of course, we know, the parable highlights Jesus looking for us.  We are the lost coin, so precious to him that there is no limit to which he will go to find us.  If you can see yourself as that lost coin, do not doubt that God is still pursuing you.  He loves you.  He knows your ultimate happiness can only be found in him.  Isn't it time for you to seek him?

Anyway, after setting out to search for my rosary, I did find it under one of our couch cushions.  I cannot express how relieved and happy I was to find it!  In the same way--only much greater--Jesus will celebrate when you turn back to him.  Imagine how happy I was just to find my rosary and then imagine how much more Jesus will be to have you with him!

Don't delay.  If it has been awhile since you have connected with your church, today's the day!  You will never regret it.

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.com
#church
#lostcoin
#rosary

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective