A Story of Family and Faith

 MY BOOK IN MY HANDS

The book is published.

My memoir.

To say I’m thrilled sounds like a thank you to a supermarket till worker, in comparison to how I really feel.

As the boxes were brought into the house, I ran to find an implement to open them with. Why on earth were they wrapped so tightly. OK. Yes, I am grateful they were, seeing as they came from Poland.

“Calm down,” hubby stood solid, sharp knife in hand, “let me do it.”

“I’m nearly in,” I try and poke the edge of the scissors into the celophane wrapping the box. When we get inside this box, we find two more boxes, smaller, also wrapped. I am just so impatient, I rush at it, with thumping in my chest and tummy doing somersaults. Eventually we have one of the boxes open.

It takes me a minute to ease one of the books away from it’s tightly packed companions.

I held the book to my heart, rubbed it, turned it , and screamed,

“Oh my word, it’s a real book!”

No words can describe the emotion that coursed through my body as I cried and screamed and jumped around, holding my book. MY BOOK!!

It’s truly one of the most fulfilling achievements of my life. And dear friends, it’s already a long one.

If you’re interested in buying a copy contact me:

marian-green@hotmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective