Pax Romana: Good Times, Remembered

Giuseppe Becchetti's drawing of the Roman Forum. (1893) colorized, via Dan's Roman History, Facebook, used w/o permission.

"...the glory that was Greece,
And the grandeur that was Rome...."
("To Helen," Edgar Allen Poe (1845) via Wikipedia)

I don't yearn for 'the good old days' of my youth, or for more remote golden ages.

My memory's too good, and I've studied history. On the other hand, some bygone eras really were comparatively good times.

The best of the lot, arguably, was the Pax Romana. That's what I'll be talking about today.More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

(The Pax Romana, two centuries of good times, were not perfect. I look at why, two millennia later, they are still remembered.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective