Checking My Attitude

I was developing a bit of an attitude the other night because I was tired, my feet were sore, and there was still watering to do.  As I dragged myself, and the hose, back to the garden, I stood there soaking in all of the bird chatter, the soft breeze and one particular robin.

Just being back in the garden worked on my sour mood, but especially because I thought about St. Francis of Assisi and his connection to animals.  One beautiful robin bounced right up near the plot that I was watering, ducking under and out of the developing tiger lilies.  This little bird was in no way afraid of me.  We were so close, it was like we connected.  I sprinkled a little water for him and watched the little dance that ensued.  Before I knew it, another robin decided to check us out.

Between St. Francis and the robins, I returned to a peaceful state and forgot about my sore feet.  Peacefulness doesn't mean that your aches and pains disappear.  It's just that the thought of them can, at times, be replaced when our focus moves from ourselves to others.

I thought I would share this little prayer with you that I wrote about 4 years ago.  You can find several other "Uplifting Prayers for Times of Distress" that I've written at https://janetcassidyinspirations.wordpress.com/ 

Also, I invite you to follow me on my Facebook page at:  https://www.facebook.com/reflectionsinfaith/

I hope you have a peaceful day!

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.com

Lord,

My body cannot do what I want it to.  This is a real disappointment.

I want to be active, but I am sore and stiff.

I want to be unlimited in health and agility, yet I struggle.

Please Lord, help me to accept this burden, this disappointment and praise you in it.

Let me find joy in it and not allow it to affect my attitude.

Help me not be focused on my pain or complain about it, which I am prone to do, as you know all too well.

If I am going to grow in holiness, I need to depend on you.

Thank you Jesus, thank you.  Help me to be accepting.

Amen.

Janet Cassidy
June 8, 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective