Good News!

 


Often when I am reading the newspaper, or an online account of something that is happening today, the first thing I do is share it with my husband, "Hey, did you see this?" I'll say. Probably like you, my first inclination is to share news with someone else.

I was reading a book that brought up this quote by Thomas Merton, from "Conjectures of a Guilty Bystander":

"The greatest temptation that assails Christians is that in effect, for most of us, the Gospel has ceased to be news. And if it is not news, it is not Gospel."

Have we gotten to a point that the Gospel is no longer news to us? So much so that we know longer have the desire to tell someone about it?

The Gospel, or Good News, is that Jesus came to save ALL of us, so that we can have hope that after we die, we will spend eternal life in heaven with God. That is GREAT news.

Share it with someone today!

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective