Are you a broken vessel?

 


I went to confession on retreat and it was awful. Not because of the priest, but because my thoughts tangled my words so much I could barely make a coherent accounting of my sins.

I mentioned my frustration to my husband as I was considering another trip to confession prior to Christmas, but as my husband pointed out, I was absolved from my sins, even though my delivery wasn't very pretty.

We do our best to faithfully cooperate with God, and sometimes it's messy, but that doesn't mean that the power of God cannot break through our messiness.

As you stand before Jesus during this holy season, give him your messiness and trust in his love and mercy. If you are, by default, into self-loathing over your imperfections and sins, remember, you don't decide your worthiness. God has shown your worthiness by his loving act. Let go of whatever you might be holding onto, because it's probably not of God.

Enjoy this beautiful, sacred season, and thank God for all that is good and holy in you.

Merry Christmas!

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.com
Follow me on Facebook:   
https://www.facebook.com/reflectionsinfaith/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective