Do you wake up early?

 


Oh Brother. Leading up to Christmas, I started spontaneously waking up too early. I would lie in bed and eventually get up, kind of frustrated that I couldn't sleep in. Sleeping in for me is 7:00 am, so 4:30 or 5:00 am was pushing it because it would cause me to be tired too early at night. As a lot of you can relate, I'm sure, it becomes quite a cycle.

Well, I decided if I was going to wake up that early, maybe God was trying to get my attention, so I used that great quiet in the early morning hours to get in a holy hour.

Instead of staying frustrated, I turned that time into quality time with God. Now that I am back to my normal routine, I try to do it whenever the house is quiet and my mind is clear.

There's something refreshing when you rest in God, whatever time of the night or day you have available to you. If I get sleepy or nod off, I figure that's okay, because resting in God is quality time.

When our oldest daughter came home at four months old, she was on Korea time, which meant she wanted to play at 3:00 am. We were eventually able to adjust her schedule, but until that happened, we enjoyed our time with her, even if it was in the middle of the night.

Whenever God offers you grace-filled moments, even if they don't necessarily fit into your schedule, take them.

As things begin to return to normal for you, I hope you can find some time to rest in God and take advantage of the gift he wants to give you.

Merry Christmas!
 
Janet Cassidy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective