Doing Our Best?

 


Living in the free will of others is not easy. It can bring us pain, turmoil and lots of hurt.

Let's say a dear friend excluded you from something, or they said something terrible about you. Naturally, you are deeply offended and feel entitled to be mad at them.

As your anger towards them takes hold, remember, you are not the only one who has to suffer injustice.

The question is, "Why does God allow all of this?"

The answer is because we have to live in the free will of others.

People make choices. They sometimes go against God in the choices they make. When this happens, it doesn't mean it is God's will that terrible things happen (or that free will is a bad thing); it just means God allows us to make decisions because we are not his puppets.

I shrugged recently at a frustrating situation, and I said to someone, "Well, I guess they are doing their best," and their response surprised me: "No, not necessarily. I don't think everybody IS trying to do their best."

Hmm. That actually never occurred to me, but the more I thought about it, the more I think he may have been right.

What do you think?

Janet Cassidy

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective