Do You Know the Difference?

 

Throughout December I went on and on about those little teacup doodle dogs. I know there is a debate about whether they are bred ethically, but I just thought they were so cute.

I never really planned on getting one, but I pretty much watched every cute video available online and couldn't stop talking about them. My husband and I agree that a dog isn't in the cards for us (for various reasons), so you can imagine my surprise when I unwrapped one!

Well, I suppose your first clue that I didn't get a REAL dog was that I had to unwrap it. My life-like stuffed dog is just as cute as all of the ones online (what a sweet gift), and it doesn't require any care or expense. An added benefit is that it sits very still on my lap so I can pet it :-)

I guess my point to all of this is that while I recognize the difference between what is real and what is not, that isn't always the case for some people. There are people who do not believe that Jesus is real, that he did miracles, and that the Holy Eucharist is truly his body, blood, soul and divinity.

It is interesting that what looks so ordinary--the unconsecrated host and wine--are transformed by the power of God during the Catholic Mass, into Jesus.

Because, unfortunately, belief in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist is becoming difficult for some people to believe, the Church decided to have a huge, National Eucharistic Congress to draw attention to this divine reality.

It will be this summer. It is packed with speakers and is intended to be a renewal unlike anything that has taken place in 83 years! For more information, I have included a LINK to its page. Be sure to watch the very short video on their page as well.

If attending is not in your time or budget, please pray for its success and the impact the thousands and thousands of people attending will have in promoting the Eucharistic Jesus, when they return home, renewed in the Spirit.
 
Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.com
Follow my Facebook page at:
https://www.facebook.com/reflectionsinfaith/
Check out my YouTube Channel at:
https://www.youtube.com/@janetcassidy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective